RCCI is the university's faculty-led, shared governance organization for Research Computing and Cyberinfrastructure.
Established in 2015, RCCI consists of an Executive Committee and an Advisory Council. The Executive Committee consists of appointed representatives (research faculty and IT) as well as Ex Officio members. Ex Officio members include the Vice President for IT and Chief Information Officer, the Chief Information Security Officer, the Director of the Institute for CyberScience, the Senior Advisor for Research Computing and Cyberinfrastructure, and the two Co-Chairs of the RCCI Advisory Council.
The Advisory Council consists of several relevant working groups, each consisting of a roughly 50/50 participating body of faculty and IT professionals. The working groups provide faculty the opportunity to establish relationships with their IT colleagues and directly influence the IT services that are provided.
An important aspect of the founding of the RCCI was the establishment of the "Research Guru" position. Formally the Senior Advisor for Research Computing and Cyberinfrastructure, the Research Guru is available to address any issue at any time in the areas of research computing, research IT, and cyberinfrastructure.
To stay up-to-date, see the RCCI blog, or subscribe to the RCCI listserv by sending a blank e-mail (no subject or message necessary) to L-RCCI-Announceemail@example.com. A follow-up e-mail will be sent to your account to confirm the subscription.
Visit the RCCI webpage to learn more. If you are interested in participating in a working group, send an email to the Research Guru directly. Additionally, all of the RCCI Working Group meetings are open to all interested Penn-State parties. See the most recent Working Group Meeting Schedule for dates.
- This is an active service
- RCCI Advisory Council Working Group meetings are open to the public. See the meeting schedule for details
- Formal participation on the RCCI Executive Committee is by appointment of the Vice President for Research
- Formal participation as a member of the RCCI Advisory Council is by annual nominations from the Deans, Research Deans, and Institute Directors
- RCCI Advisory Council Working Group meetings are open to the public
- For additional information, please e-mail the Research Guru directly