Globus is a non-profit service for secure, reliable research data management. With Globus, subscribers can move, share, & discover data via a single interface – whether your files live on a supercomputer, lab cluster, tape archive, public cloud or your laptop, you can manage this data from anywhere, using your existing identities, via just a web browser. Developers can also use Globus to build applications and gateways leveraging our advanced identity management, single sign-on, search, authorization, and automation capabilities.
Currently, Penn State's Standard Subscription to Globus provides researchers with access to:
- File Transfer
- Managed Endpoints
- Management Console
- Usage Reports
- File Sharing
- Technical Support for Globus Connect, Web, or the Command Line Interface
- Application Integration Support
- HTTPS Support
- To get started, login to Globus with your Penn State Access Account, or read more about the service on the Globus website.
- This is an active service
- Any current faculty, staff, or research affiliate
- Please see the official Globus Security FAQ page for questions about Information Security
- Penn State currently holds a Standard Subsciption for Globus and is responsible for the cost of the contract